Prairie Crossing Amenities
From the site design to the old fashioned porches, Prairie Crossing in Grayslake, IL, offers natural ways for people to come together. Although several neighborhood amenities are available for residents only, others offer venues for everyone to engage with lifelong learning, enjoyment of local food, and more.
- The Byron Colby Barn offers concerts, lectures, and other events to foster lifelong learning and a sense of community.
- The Prairie Crossing Farm is home to numerous farm businesses who provide fresh organic vegetables, eggs, honey and more to customers throughout the Chicago region.
- The Prairie Crossing Charter School, a public elementary school to which Prairie Crossing homeowners may apply, emphasizes citizenship and learning from experiences of the natural environment.
- Lake Aldo Leopold is exclusively for residents and guests. Residents of all ages swim at the sandy beach, fish, canoe, or sail in summer and ice skate in winter.
- Residents meet to horseback ride, walk, bike or ski the private trails within the community and in the 5,800-acre Liberty Prairie Reserve, which is open to the public.
- Resident horse owners manage the Prairie Crossing Stable and adjoining pastures.
- A fitness center is available for residents, as well as numerous parks that are owned and maintained by the Prairie Crossing Homeowners Association.